You know we love London all year round but Christmas especially is a time when this city really comes to life, despite the cold weather! Celebrating Christmas in London…we wouldn’t have it any other way and here’s why, the 10 Reasons Why Londoners Love Christmas.
- The whole city comes together in celebrating the festive season, with switching on the lights, Christmas fairs, shopping festivals and Santa’s grottos popping up.
- The Christmas windows! Who remembers going into central just to see the Harrods and Hamleys Christmas windows when they were a kid?
- The Christmas lights! Enough to light up the whole town and there’s something bigger and better each year, just take a walk through Kew Gardens.
- The smell of mulled wine and roasted chestnuts as you walk through the streets
- Eating between meals at the tempting Christmas markets…then blaming it on the big Christmas lunch!
- The historic and period buildings take centre stage at Christmas, bringing to life classics such as The Christmas Carol and The Snowman
- You cannot beat a family trip to Winter Wonderland, followed by another trip for drinking…
- Every small road and alley is decorated with Christmas decorations making London magical
- Brits are known to moan about the weather, but stick a gigantic Christmas tree in front of the Natural History Museum and we cannot wait to get our skates on!
- Ever been for a walk around London on Christmas day? Try it
December just doesn’t have enough days! That’s why we are getting into the festive spirit now! Don’t forget you can contact us for your Christmas party venue too, just another thing to love about Christmas in London!
Please contact us for the best hotel rates in London, we have already negotiated rates with all our Christmas hotels.