Edinburgh is famous for its friendly and comfortable Bed & Breakfasts (B&Bs) and Guest Houses.
The only problem is finding one from the hundreds on offer that meet your requirements.
This post highlights just some of the factors to consider before choosing the B&B or Guest House which is right for you.
- Do you pay at the time of booking, on arrival, or on departure?
- What star rating is it? Rated by VisitScotland?
- Make sure they do offer breakfast with the room.
- Do they provide a traditional, vegetarian, or continental breakfast?
- Ask if they offer free WiFi in the room and in shared spaces.
- Is the bathroom en suite, private or shared?
- Do they accept pets? Do they have pets in their home?
- Is there parking? On site? In street? Free?
- Is there a garden?
- What’s the check-in or check-out times?
- Can we leave our bags there before check-in, or after check-out, whilst we go exploring Edinburgh?
- Is it on or near a bus route?
- It is eco-friendly?
- Non-smoking throughout? Smoking areas?
- Are there lots of stairs?
- Are there tea and coffee making facilities in the room?
- Is there a curfew? Do we need to be back in before a certain time in the evening?
- A laptop safe?
- Is there a drying room for wet clothes after being out walking?
- Do you accept groups of motorcyclists or cyclists?
- Do you have cots? Additional cost for these? Connecting rooms? Family rooms? Baby sitting services?
- Is there a fridge?
- Is there a TV? PlayStation? Board games? Or other in-room entertainment?
- Iron and ironing board in the room? Or access to iron and board? Or laundry services?
- Hair dryer? Trouser press? Shoe cleaner? Morning newspaper?
- Any local restaurants for dinner and drinks?
- Gym or access to a local gym?