Today Hotels.tv in Edinburgh reveal our Predictions and Recommendations for visitors looking to get the most from their stay in Edinburgh in 2012.
2012 looks set to be a busy year for accommodation providers in Edinburgh. With the Giant Pandas in their new home, Olympic spectators sprinting up for a visit, and families in the UK looking for an affordable ‘staycation’, more and more visitors will be checking out Edinburgh as a travel destination. Below, Hotels.tv in Edinburgh make their accommodation Predictions and Recommendations for 2012.
- Staycations Are On The Up. Scotland is the number 2 destination for UK’s ‘staycationers’ (people staying in the UK for their vacation). Edinburgh has always been a family-friendly destination and we will see even more families stay in the city looking for family-sized rooms.
- Look To The East. Check out the accommodation in the East End of Edinburgh. Some cool new hotels and apartments are opening on York Place. Plus, this location is ideal for the new National Portrait Gallery, Broughton Street (recently chosen as the UK’s hippest street), the ever-entertaining Playhouse Theatre, the views from Calton Hill, international cuisines, and much more.
- Budget Boutique. Life’s going be financially tough for a lot of people in 2012 but why compromise on style? Budget Boutique hotels offer designer accommodation at very affordable rates. Edinburgh will see Budget boutique hotels opening all over the city in 2012.
- Corporate Belt Buckling. As companies further tighten accommodation budgets there will be a greater demand for standard single-occupancy budget bedrooms in Edinburgh throughout 2012.
- Panda-monium. Hotels in the west of Edinburgh will benefit from the Giant Pandas arriving at Edinburgh Zoo. There are some great hotels nearby Edinburgh Zoo but don’t forget to check out the unique and friendly guest houses only a lion’s roar away. TIP: If you are coming to visit the Giant Pandas make sure you book your tickets online BEFORE you arrive at the Zoo.
- Go In Groups. UK based visitors are increasingly clubbing together and we are seeing some huge discounts on accommodation. Edinburgh hotels need to be able to provide triple, quad and plus-sized rooms in 2012.
- Go Solo. Increased numbers of young international travellers are going it alone, as friends can’t afford to travel with them. Recently we at Hotels.tv in Edinburgh are seeing more enquiries for basic rooms from solo travellers, we predict this will continue in 2012.
Ian Jamieson, Regional Director of Hotels.tv in Edinburgh, added “We are very much looking forward to welcoming even more guests to Edinburgh in 2012. Visitors are demanding more for their money when they travel, and we will continue to hunt down the best deals in the best city centre hotels and apartments for them. We wish all visitors and hoteliers a wonderful and prosperous 2012.”
Planning a trip to Edinburgh this year? Simply complete the Enquiry Form below and I’ll find the prefect accommodation for you at the lowest rates.