Summary of Booking Terms:
The following is a summary of the terms and conditions of bookings as detailed below.
- When you make a booking with Hotels.tv you are making an agreement between you and the hotel. The hotel has stated the rates and availability on the website which they must honour.
- When you book these you must wait for a confirmation email. Sometimes junk mail filters on Hotmail, Gmail and other service providers prevent the confirmation email from arriving into your inbox. However, your booking has been made and you are liable for it. Therefore we suggest if you are in any doubt to call our Reservations Department on +44 1462 433 755.
- You do not pay at the time of booking unless it is stated as a requirement of the hotel. You pay at the hotel when you arrive. However the hotel does require your credit card details to hold as a guarantee of your arrival.
- You may cancel your booking without charge prior to the hotel’s cancellation policy.
- If no policy is listed then Hotels.tv apply a 72 hours cancellation policy, meaning that if you cancel within 72 hours to your arrival date then a 1 night penalty fee is chargeable by the hotel. Hotels.tv will never charge you any fees.
- Some rates may be listed as advance purchase rates which mean you pay at the time of booking in order to receive the cheaper deal. However this will be detailed on the website.
- Full terms are detailed below. If you have any queries or would just prefer to book over the telephone then please call our Reservations Department on +44 1462 433 755
1. Interpretation In these Conditions, the following definitions apply:
Affiliate or Affiliates: are third parties who through their Profile Page market or advertise Hotels on the Website
Hotels: hotels or other accommodation or meeting rooms, events or venues marketed or advertised on the Website that can be booked using the booking facilities contained on the Website
Hotels TV: Hotels TV Limited (CRN 04312987) a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Suite 9, 30 Bancroft, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1LE
Profile Page: the destination page operated by an Affiliate on the Website which contains the Hotels for that particular destination as advertised or marketed by that Affiliate
Providers: the owners or providers of Hotels
- By using the Website you agree to these Conditions and you agree and consent to be bound by these Conditions as well as all applicable laws and regulations governing the Website.
- Hotels TV act solely as booking agents for the Providers. Hotels TV are not authorised to enter into legally binding contracts on behalf of Hotels or Providers. Hotels TV do not undertake any responsibility or liability (including death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Provider) for any act, omission, breaches of contract or statute, negligence or misrepresentations of the Providers.
- The Affiliates market Hotels on the Website through their Profile Page. Hotels TV do not undertake any responsibility or liability (including death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Affiliate) for any act, omission, breaches of contract or statute, negligence or misrepresentations of the Affiliates whether on their Profile Page or otherwise.
- Hotels TV may amend these Conditions at any time and such amendments will be binding immediately upon the amended Conditions being available to view on the Website. Continued use of the Website by you will be deemed acceptance of the amended Conditions.
- You acknowledge and accept that Hotels TV have not in any way selected or assembled your travel arrangements. Consequently Hotels TV have not arranged a package as defined in the Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
3. Basis of contract with Providers
- By booking a Hotel through the Website (including through a Profile Page) you agree and consent to enter into a contract with the Provider on the terms and conditions of the Provider. Hotels or Providers may limit or exclude liability to you under their terms and conditions.
- Where available, we will endeavour to make the Provider’s standard terms and conditions available on the Website. If we fail or are unable to make such terms and conditions available on the Website we undertake no liability for any losses or damages you suffer as a result.
- We do not conduct quality or other checks on the Hotels or Providers. We make no representation about the quality or suitability of the Hotels or the service offered by the Providers.
4. Site Content
- Any information on the Website regarding Hotels, Providers or Affiliates such as prices, details, availability, quality, facilities or accreditations have been placed on the Website or provided to Hotels TV by the Provider or the Affiliate. The Providers and Affiliates are not agents or employees of Hotels TV.
- Hotels TV shall not be held liable for any mistakes or inaccuracies in the information or contents (including advertisements) of the Website, including, any refunds or losses suffered due to overbooking unless the mistake or inaccuracy has been caused by Hotels TV incorrectly inputting accurate data provided to them onto the Website. Hotels TV will not be held liable for any information or contents (including advertisements) contained on the Website which have become out of date as a result of a Hotel, Provider or Affiliate changing such information and failing to inform Hotels TV in good time.
- Hotels TV may amend any content on the Website at any time and such amendments will be binding immediately upon the amendments being available to view on the Website
- From time to time, Hotels TV prepare videos of various Hotels advertised or marketed on the Website. The videos only provide an indication of the type of accommodation offered by the Hotel and no warranties are given that the content of those videos are accurate or provide a true reflection of the services offered by a Hotel. Hotels TV shall not be liable for any inaccuracies or mistakes in the videos or for any misrepresentations given by the Providers or Hotels in those videos or in the making of those videos.
- Once you have chosen your Hotel and your dates of arrival and departure you can book the Hotel direct with the Provider using the online booking facilities.
- By making a booking you confirm that you are 18 years of age or over.
- By making a booking you will be required to make a payment to the Provider in the amounts contained on the Website in respect of your booking.
- Once a booking has been made, Hotels TV will provide confirmation of that booking by e-mail. This will simply confirm that the bookings has been submitted to the Hotel and not that the Hotel or Provider has accepted the booking. The booking will not have been accepted by the Hotel or Provider until payment has been taken from you by them.
- When making a booking you must have the authorisation of everyone who is a party to the booking (including the parent or guardian of anyone under 18). On making a booking you are confirming that all parties to the booking will be bound by these Conditions.
6. Cancelling a booking
- If you wish to modify or cancel your booking it is your responsibility to contact the Hotel or Providers. From time to time Hotels TV may offer the facility on the Website to cancel or modify bookings. If you choose to use this facility it remains your responsibility to update the Hotels or Providers and Hotels TV undertakes no responsibility whatsoever for losses or damages you suffer as a result of using the facility.
- Any cancellations (including failures to arrive at the Hotel on the expected date of arrival) or modifications will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Hotel or Provider. A fee may be payable or any modification or cancellation under the Hotel’s or Provider’s terms and conditions.
- Any queries or complaints relating to a Hotel’s or Provider’s cancellation or modification policies should be referred directly to the Hotel or Provider.
- Subject to paragraph 7.2, Hotels TV will not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for any consequential loss or loss of business opportunities or projects, or loss of profits) howsoever arising and whether in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Website, or any of its contents and materials, or from any action or omission taken as a result of using the Website or any such contents. In any event Hotels TV’s liability for all damages and losses (including negligence) shall not in any circumstances exceed the amount paid by you, for the booking.
- Nothing in these Conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded, nor in any way to exclude or limit Hotel TV’s liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from its negligence
8. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Conditions, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or its subject matter (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of
the courts of England and Wales.
- For the purpose of this paragraph 9, Relevant Information means any information that enables an individual to be identified and includes the information obtained from you when you make a booking through the Website such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card number and expiry date.
- When you use the Website we do not collect any Relevant Information from you. Relevant Information is only collected about you if you make a booking. The Relevant Information will be retained by Hotels TV to speed up future bookings you make on the Website. You will be provided with a customer number and password on making your initial booking to access such Relevant Information when making any future bookings.
- We gather this information to allow us to process any bookings you may make. The Relevant Information is then passed on to the Providers and Hotels. The Relevant Information may also be provided to the Affiliates, credit facilities and online payment services such as PayPal.
- Hotels TV may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring Website usage in order to help us develop the Website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties and employees of Hotels TV. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- From time to time Hotels TV may provide your information to customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes to monitor and improve the services offered by Hotels TV and the Website. If you opt in when making a booking, Hotels TV or our agents and sub-contractors may contact you by post, e-mail or telephone to ask you for your feedback and comments on Hotel TV’s services and Website
- If you opt in when making a booking, Hotels TV and Affiliates may also wish to provide you with information about special features of the Website or any other service or products (including other Hotels) that may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information or stop this information, please e-mail email@example.com
- If you opt in when making a booking, Hotels TV may provide you with related information from third parties it thinks may be of interest to you. If you want to stop this information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotels TV encourages people to write reviews on the Hotels that they have booked and visited through the Website. Hotels TV will not be liable for any Relevant Information that you place onto the Website in providing a review.
- The internet is not a secure medium. However Hotels TV have put in place various security procedures to protect your Relevant Information. Hotels TV take full responsibility for any Relevant Information held by it but take no responsibility for any Relevant Information which has been passed to third parties in accordance with paragraph 9.4. Where the Hotel is outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), restrictions and safeguards on dealing with your Relevant Information may not be to the same standards as the EEA. In making a booking to a Hotel outside of the EEA you consent to passing your information to the Hotel or Provider.
- Hotels TV may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent to your computer) which Hotels TV can access upon future visits by you to the Website. Cookies are used to tailor the Website to match your interests and requirements. The cookie file will not contain any Relevant Information.
- If Hotels TV is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business
- If any of the information that you have provided changes, for example if you change your e-mail address, name or payment details please provide the correct details by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- If you wish to view any of the Relevant Information held about you please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proof of identification will be required before processing your request.
- The Website is to be used solely for legitimate enquiries or bookings in respect of Hotels for you or those people you are authorised to act for.
- Unless with Hotels TV prior permission, no part of the Website may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website, nor may any of its pages or part thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service
- You have limited permission to display, print or download extracts from the Website for your personal non-commercial and non-profit use only and you shall not be entitled to commercialise any such material in any way
- Any copies of the pages of the Website which you save to disk or to any other storage system or medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use.
- You may not (whether directly or indirectly including through the use of any program) create a database in an electronic or other form by downloading and storing all or any part of the pages from the Website .
- Linking to the home page of the Website is greatly appreciated but written permission for using the name or logo of Hotels TV and linking to the Website is required. Please contact email@example.com. No deep linking or framing will be permitted without prior written agreement. Hotels TV reserve the right to revoke such permission at any time
- Hotels TV makes no warranty that the contents of the Website are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof
- Should you decide to write or read a review on the Website about a Hotel, you are agreeing and accepting the rules and conditions contained below:
- You cannot upload onto the Website any matter or material which is or may be considered abusive, pornographic, illegal, defamatory, obscene, racist or which is otherwise unlawful or designed to cause disruption to any computer systems or network
- You are fully and solely responsible for your postings, messages, comments or discussions and accept liability for any resulting actions. The comments, postings and messages are opinions of the respective contributors or authors and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hotels TV. Hotels TV accepts no responsibility for and makes no representations relating to any messages, postings, comments and reviews. Hotels TV do not confirm or represent the legitimacy, accuracy, reliability, correctness or currency of any data, reviews or postings entered by a user
- You grant Hotels TV a royalty free irrevocable permission to reproduce, download and print your postings, comments, messages and reviews. Hotels TV reserve and retain the right or ability to remove the availability or ability of participants to post comments or reviews in the event of any breach of these acceptable use provisions
- The review facility is intended for use by genuine guests of the Hotels and cannot be used for fraudulent or commercial purposes
- You agree to indemnify and undertake to keep indemnified Hotels TV against any costs or expenses (including the cost of any settlement) arising out of any claim, action, proceeding or demand that may be brought, made or prosecuted against it arising out of or as a consequence of your breach of this condition 10.8
- Hotels TV reserve the right to remove any reviews posted onto the Website or deny access to the Website following a breach of the rules contained in this condition 10.8.
11. Before You Travel
- If travelling abroad you should;
- visit your local GP to obtain any medication or prescriptions you require and what vaccinations you require for travelling to the country in which the Hotel is situated ensuring they are administered in advance of departure,
- check all travel advice relating to the country in which the Hotel is situated including that issued by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office,
- obtain adequate travel insurance, and
- obtain all necessary VISAs and other documents (including a valid passport)
- All advice given by Hotels TV in relation to those matters listed in paragraph 11.1 is given in good faith to the best of its knowledge at the time. Hotels TV bears no responsibility as to such matters or for any losses or damages that may result from travelling to a particular destination regardless of whether it has provided any advice.
12. Breaching these conditions
If you (in the view of Hotels TV) breach any of the Conditions listed above, Hotels TV may restrict your access to the Website and/or cancel bookings without any compensation or refund being owed to you by Hotels TV.
- If you have any reason to complain regarding the service provided by the Hotel or Provider please inform the Hotel staff or Provider immediately to enable them to take appropriate action.
- If you have any reason to complain about the Website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org